Wednesday, August 21, 2013

With a little help....

Over the past 3 days, I have made it from Port Angeles, WA to Shelton, WA. A guy I met in Discovery Bay offered to transport myself and bike part of the way in the back of his pick-up truck after warning me of some dangerous curves with little to no shoulder, so I took him up on his offer. After biking into Shelton, I stopped at Blondie's for a bite to eat and saw a bunch of Packer stuff up on the wall. Ended up getting to know Blondie's sister, Rose, who informed me both her and her sister were big time Packer fans. Upon getting up to leave and pay, she tells me, "Don't worry about it...it's on me"! And tonight I am experiencing my first Warm Showers hosts. I am staying at the house of a wonderful couple, Larye and Judy Parkins. They host bicyclists on a regular basis. They told me I am the 39th rider they hosted just this year. They are extremely generous and friendly. A Dutch couple, coming to the end of a 5,000 mile adventure are also staying the night. This has definitely been the most social day of the ride so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment