Monday, September 23, 2013

Back home in Colorado

Arrived back in Colorado this past Thursday. Ended the journey just north of San Francisco. Had an opportunity to catch a ride from S.F. to Denver with a guy who used to live right down the street from me in Aurora. Small world. A young Australian woman from Tasmania also rode with us, which resulted in some fun, interesting conversations. Final tally was just under 1200 miles. I got to see some amazing scenery in British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and northern California. I also was able to obtain a wealth of knowledge for any future cross country rides. I made a number of rookie mistakes but feel like I learned from them. Once again, thanks to everyone who supported the ride and cause. I'm still hoping to find ways to have bikes donated to kids who would otherwise not have the opportunity to have access to them financially. Anyone who has any ideas or know of bike shops in your area that would be open to donating bikes to kids, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment