Thursday, September 12, 2013

Been a pretty eventful last 3 days. Biked from Eureka to Humboldt Redwoods State Park on Tuesday. Unbelievable scenery. The gigantic redwoods are pretty much beyond description. If you haven't been there...go. Then biked to Standish-Hickey State Park and had a great night camping with an awesome group of people of all ages. We sat around and drank beer and exchanged stories of things we've encountered on the road. I met a young Mexican national who was biking north from Mexico City. I also met an amazing woman, Pierrette Roy (http://www.freedomwalkforpeace.com/) who is walking...yes walking...from Canada to Mexico and beyond to raise awareness for peace. Her inspiration was another incredible woman, Peace Pilgrim (http://www.peacepilgrim.org/) who walked over 25,000 miles on a personal pilgrimage for peace. Today, after some grueling climbs, my bike gave out on me. Had to hitch a ride from just south of Westport to Ft. Bragg so I can take the bike into a bike shop to assess the damage. Covered close to 140 miles including the last 10 miles I was able to transport my ailing bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment