Monday, September 9, 2013

Change of plans

When I first started seriously planning this trip, it was difficult because I had never done anything like this before. I really had no idea how I was going to be able to handle all the climbs or how far I could average per day. After 861 miles, I've come to the realization that it is going to take me longer and cost me more money than I had anticipated. I am currently approximately 320 miles from the San Francisco area and have decided I don't have the legs or the necessary funds to go any further. With that in mind, I have decided to end the ride there. Not going to hang my head in shame for completing at least 1200 miles, although it would have been nice to say I went from Canada to Mexico. Maybe another day. I want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement along the way. And a special shout out to my daughter Rachel, who has administered the facebook page (Old Guy on a Bike) and posted all the updates throughout the ride. I will continue the blog for the next 300 plus miles. And remember, it's still not too late to donate (http://oldguy63onabike.blogspot.com/2013/06/donations.html) to the cause through here or directly to Louie's Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment